“Saint-Gobain Chooses Atos Origin for Maintenance of AS400 Applications at its SEPR Facility in Avignon”
Paris - June 30, 2003
The SEPR manufacturing facility in Avignon, part of Saint-Gobain's Ceramics and Plastics Division, has awarded Atos Origin a three-year contract, effective last January 1, to manage operational maintenance, development and retro-documentation of its AS400 applications. In selecting Atos Origin, the company wanted to ensure uninterrupted, fully secure service for users, while receiving a strong service quality commitment.
Scope of the contract
The maintenance contract covers applications hosted on AS400 and interfaces with other external systems:
- Computer-aided production management (SAP, CAD, DI-Diver, product lines, quality).
- Time-keeping and human resources (HR Access, employee organizations, MS Access applications, Notes, staff restaurant).
- Budget management (SAP, machining reports, DI-Diver).
Reasons for choosing Atos Origin
Atos Origin provides:
- Powerful skills and capabilities in applications maintenance and industrial production processes.
- Continuous performance tracking and guaranteed operational transparency.
- Maximum flexibility in tailoring the maintenance system to demonstrated client needs.
- Budget control.
- Maintenance of functional and technical competencies.
Other Atos Origin advantages include its:
- Regional presence, with operations in Lyon and Aix-en-Provence.
- Teams with expert skills in payroll management, human resources and production management.
- Extensive portfolio of applications maintenance clients.
Initial benefits for the client
- The client secured the back-office maintenance process, which is very important for site operations.
- Uninterrupted service is ensured by pooling applications maintenance with other clients in the same environment.
- Shared teams also offer considerable flexibility in responding to load fluctuations.
Features of the applications maintenance solution
The client was looking for an applications maintenance solution that included:
- A short, seven-week transfer of responsibilities, with the full team involved from the start.
- A team organized by function, with a manager for each area (CAPM, HR, budget management).
- A transfer of supervisors to manage back-up (carried out during the production phrase, transparent for the client).
- A partnership between Atos Origin and the client, including training by the client on AGL AS/SET to enhance responsiveness and save time.
- Implementation of systems, an industrial process and quality indicators guaranteeing transparency and support for SEPR.
- Pooling with other AS 400 application maintenance projects for management and support resources, thereby offering budget flexibility and uninterrupted service.
About Atos Origin's applications maintenance business
A more than 15 years experience in developing a method of automating application maintenance projects, makes Atos Origin one of the international leaders of Applications Maintenance. In a strong competitive environment and in constant evolution, the Applications Maintenance offer of Atos Origin allows to answer companies strategic needs : control and reduce maintenance costs, concentrate on its business, improve the quality of the services, time to market.
Atos Origin currently has an extensive portfolio of clients in Applications Maintenance such as :
Ministry of Youth, Ministry of Education and Research, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Labour and Solidarity, Ministry of the Interior, of the Interior security and local liberty, EDF, Gaz de France, Carrefour, PPR, Système U, Avantis Pasteur, Philips, Renault, Snecma Moteur, Cegetel, France Télécom, Crédit Lyonnais.
About Atos Origin
Atos Origin is an international information technology services provider. Its business is turning client vision into results through the application of consulting, systems integration and managed operations, including outsourcing and on-line services. In August 2002, Atos Origin acquired KPMG Consulting in the UK and The Netherlands, trading as Atos KPMG Consulting. The company generates annual revenues of EUR 3 billion and employs 28,000 staff in 30 countries. The Group's client list includes major companies such as ABN AMRO, Akzo-Nobel, Alstom, BNP Paribas, BP, Euronext, Fiat, ICI, ING, KPN, Lucent, Philips, Renault, Royal Bank of Scotland, Saudi Aramco, Shell, UBS Warburg, Unilever, Vivendi Universal, Vodafone and Wolters Kluwer.
Contact for Press:
Marie-Tatiana Collombert, Tel: +33 (0) 1 49 00 96 33 - email@example.com
Anne de Beaumont - Tel 33 (0)1 49 00 96 42 - firstname.lastname@example.org
As a producer, processor and distributor of materials (glass, ceramics, plastics, cast iron, etc.), Saint-Gobain transforms raw materials into advanced products for use in our daily lives and develops tomorrow's new materials. One of the world's hundred leading industrial corporations with sales of €30.3 billion, Saint-Gobain operates in 46 countries worldwide and fields a workforce of over 170,500. It is organized into three competence centers, each comprising several operational divisions, and is a world leader in each of its competencies. Saint-Gobain is listed on the Paris, London, Frankfort, Zurich, Brussels and Amsterdam stock markets.