“Leroy-Merlin Chooses Atos Origin to Integrate Its EAI platform”
Paris - September 23, 2002
Atos Origin, a leader in Enterprise Application Integration (EAI), has been chosen by Leroy Merlin, Europe's third-largest home improvement retailer, to install an EAI platform integrating applications for managing after-sales service, customer loyalty cards, and accounting and finance systems.
Leroy Merlin has decided to upgrade its information system to enhance responsiveness to a fast-evolving business environment shaped by new product lines, constantly changing customer demand and the opening of new outlets.
The new information system has to be capable of:
- Managing complex business processes more efficiently
- Managing real-time flows and events in a heterogeneous environment.
- Ensuring data consistency, defining and referencing data and flows, and harmonizingreference tables across the company.
- Securing, pooling and enhancing the reliability of data exchange.
- Integrating after-sales service, customer loyalty cards, and accounting and finance systems.
The IT project supports urbanization of the Leroy Merlin information system by eliminating the proliferation of interfaces and standardizing inter-application data exchange. The EAI platform will also improve the system's scalability by enabling technology upgrades and the integration of new applications.
To optimize integration and upgrading of current applications, Leroy Merlin is leveraging Atos Origin's expertise in deploying EAI solutions. Atos Origin will:
- Support Leroy Merlin in its EAI implementation project.
- Enhance the project with its technical expertise and implement an environment that will take full advantage of EAI.
- Design and build the EAI platform's technical base on Seebeyond's e*gate solution.
- Integrate Pivotal after-sales service software, customer loyalty management applications and ERP Oracle Financial software on the platform.
EAI technology is intended to facilitate the exchange of data between applications in an information system. These applications may be purpose-designed and coexist on different operating systems. Before EAI, data transited from one application to another via gateways or interfaces. To avoid the proliferation of these gateways, flows are organized around an application bus and the main business invariants, making it possible to eliminate the gateways. Technical deployment consists of using EAI as a tool for integrating applications, thereby supporting urbanization of the information system.
About Atos Origin
Atos Origin is an international information technology services provider. Its business is turning client vision into results through the application of consulting, systems integration and managed operations, including outsourcing and on-line services. In August 2002, Atos Origin acquired KPMG Consulting in the UK and The Netherlands, which now trade as Atos KPMG Consulting. The company generates annual revenues in excess of EUR 3.5 billion and employs 30,000 staff in 30 countries. The Group's client list includes major companies such as ABN-Amro, Akzo-Nobel, Alstom, BNP Paribas, British Petroleum, Euronext, Fiat, ICI, ING, KPN, Lucent, Philips, Renault, Royal Bank of Scotland, Saudi Aramco, Shell, UBS-Warburg, Unilever, Vivendi Universal, Vodafone and Wolters Kluwer.
+ 33 (1) 49 00 96 33
Email : email@example.com
Anne de Beaumont
Tel: + 33 (0)1 49 00 96 42