“French Ministry for Youth, National Education and Research Selects Atos Origin To Provide Maintenance for Around Twenty Web-Based Internet Applications”
Paris - July 3, 2002
The French Ministry for Youth, National Education and Research has awarded Atos Origin a contract for the maintenance and hosting of around 20 Internet applications. Initially developed by several service providers, the applications concern many functional areas of the Ministry's central services.
The Ministry's main objective is to centralize the upgrading of all the applications concerned, with the support of a single, long-term partner. The contract, which is valid for one year, was signed following a call for bids and may be renewed twice. It provides the Ministry with the benefits of a pooled Internet/intranet-dedicated applications maintenance platform, a flexible system capable of adjusting to variations in demand while delivering a specified level of service throughout the year.
"Many companies have recently developed numerous e-business applications implementing a variety of technologies, with the support of several service providers. Now they have to manage their applications base and are calling on specialists like us to do so. Since the e-business applications concerned are usually small and do not require a full-time team, we offer clients the benefit of our pooled applications maintenance platform," notes Patrice Dannenberg, Head of Applications Maintenance Services at Atos Origin.
The Atos Origin solution comprises the hosting and management of National Education applications at the pooled applications maintenance center in La Défense near Paris, the presentation of TRS/QRS and IRS tracking tools, as well as the related reports. The services include:
- Identification and hosting of the applications.
- Creation of the related documentation.
- Corrective, upgrade and adaptive maintenance.
- Advice and study of the impact on platform development.
- Level-two support (per group of 20 to 50 calls).
- Transfer of skills and reversibility.
The applications concern the following functional areas: human resources management, election of employee representatives, information about secondary school activities, doctoral programs and internships, reporting of the general results of back-to-school evaluations at several class levels, organization of the media week in schools, and databases to assist with student evaluations or to provide legal information.
"We chose Atos Origin because of their extensive client portfolio, the quality of their services and their technical and functional experts in the public sector. Atos Origin also offered to help us prepare an upgrade cost assessment method that allows us to calculate and manage these costs ourselves," says Maurice Fischer, deputy director of information technology for the central services at the Ministry for Youth, National Education and Research.
Atos Origin Applications Maintenance
Atos Origin, which developed a method of automating application maintenance projects more than 10 years ago, today offers:
- A process that breaks down the life cycle of a maintenance management project into steps and describes the organizational structures required to generate or validate the results obtained during these steps.
- People who, in addition to offering the functional, technological and methodological expertise required for the project, have received special training in the field of maintenance
- An operating procedure that describes the detailed procedures, standards and tools required to manage, evaluate and perform remedial, upgrade, regulatory, adaptive and preventive maintenance.
The gradual and collaborative approach used in providing these services enables Atos Origin to:
- Integrate the client's organizational culture and legacy tools.
- Measure and gradually enhance quality, as well as productivity and security, which are critical to industrial-scale maintenance.
Atos Origin currently has an extensive portfolio of clients, in particular in the public sector, including the French Ministry of Labor and Solidarity, the Ministry for Agriculture, the Ministry of the Interior, Electricité de France and Gaz de France.
About Atos Origin
Atos Origin is a leading international business and technology integrator. Its business is turning client visions into results through the application of management consulting, enterprise, e-business and outsourcing solutions. The company has annual revenues of EUR 3 billion, operates in more than 30 countries worldwide and has over 26,000 employees. Atos Origin's clients include ABN-Amro, Alstom, BNP Paribas, Euronext, Fiat, ICI, KPN , Lucent, Philips, Renault, Saudi Aramco, Shell, Unilever and Vivendi Universal and Wolters Kluwer.
+ 33 (1) 49 00 96 33
Anne de Beaumont
Tel: + 33 (0)1 49 00 96 42