“Atos Origin to take over KPN end user services”

PARIS/AMSTERDAM/THE HAGUE, 5 February 2002

Atos Origin, the leading European IT services provider, has announced today that it has signed a letter of intent to manage KPN's End User Services business for a minimum period of 6 years. The agreement is currently awaiting advice from the relevant Work Councils and approval of the Dutch competition authority. Both parties expect to complete the transaction by the end of March 2002, at which time further operational and financial details will be released. The agreement will involve the transfer of about 700 KPN employees to Atos Origin.

 

This agreement forms part of the current co-operation between KPN and Atos Origin, which began in October 2001 with KPN outsourcing its Datacenter business to Atos Origin. A number of other discussions are continuing in parallel with the aim of extending the relationship, including negotiations under which Atos Origin may take over the management of KPN SoftwareHouse business.

 

About Atos Origin
Atos Origin is a leading international business and technology integrator. Its business is turning client visions into results through the application of management consulting, enterprise, e-business and outsourcing solutions. The company has annual revenues of more than Euros 3 billion, operates in more than 30 countries worldwide and has 27,000 employees. Atos Origin's clients include ABN-Amro, Akzo Nobel, Alstom, BNP Paribas, Cegetel/Vivendi, Credit Lyonnais, Euronext, Fiat, ICI, KPN, Lucent, Philip Morris, Philips, Saudi Aramco, Shell, Unilever and Wolters Kluwer.

 

About KPN
KPN is a telecommunications company offering a wide range of high quality and innovative telecommunications services for both the private and business market. Its core business activities are: mobile communications; fixed network services; internet services and IP/Data services. KPN focuses on the Benelux-countries and Germany. KPN owns 85 per cent of KPN Mobile. NTT DoCoMo, KPN's strategic partner, owns the remaining 15 per cent. KPN Mobile is currently active with its own network operators in Germany (E-Plus), the Netherlands and Belgium (KPN Orange), where more than 8.000 employees serve some 13.7 million customers as of the end of December 2001.
For more information, please visit KPN on line: www.kpn.com.

 

Please contact for more information:

 

For Atos Origin
Press:
Marie-Tatiana Collombert, (0033) 1 - 49 00 96 33
Investors:
John White, (0033) 1 - 49 00 96 64

 

For KPN
Press:
Martine Kooreman, (0031) 70 - 446 63 00