“Universal Music Mobile Taps Atos Origin To Deliver Web and Voice Services”
Paris - 7 January, 2002
Universal Music Mobile has selected Atos Origin to host and run the services offered by Universal Music Mobile via the Web and mobile phones. The contract confirms Atos Origin's commitment to supporting implementation of strategic projects based on the convergence of content and telecoms technology.
Vivendi Universal launched its new mobile phone offering under the Universal Music Mobile banner on September 14. In addition to mobile phone services (voice and SMS messaging) using the SFR network and technical infrastructure, Universal Music Mobile offers subscribers a package of music-related services, such as listening to CD previews, music news, buying CDs and DVDs, and reserving concert tickets.
Universal Music Mobile decided to include in the offering an array of services accessible via the Web (www.universalmusicmobile.fr) and interactive voice servers. The Web site provides access to information about subscriptions, SMS messaging, subscriber account management, voice mail, mobile phone personalization and online shopping. The interactive voice services allow customers to listen to previews from new albums (AVAN), receive music news (DISC), win invitations to special events (VIPS), and buy CDs, VHS videocassettes and DVDs (SHOP).
Design and implementation of the interactive voice services, as well as operation of the Internet site hosted in a dedicated environment on its multimedia platform, were contracted to Atos Origin's Multimedia Division.
- The scope of services provided by Atos Origin includes :
- Pre-project advice, design and implementation of the secure and redundant Internet-based technical architecture.
- Design, build and run of the interactive voice servers.
- Design of the Web interface for managing IVS content (content programming) and architecture.
- Operation of the hosted services in a dedicated environment with guaranteed high availability for its multimedia platform.
Universal Music Mobile chose Atos Origin because of its :
- Quick response with multimedia teams mobilized rapidly to design and implement the interactive voice servers and bring the Internet site online in less than three months.
- Ability to offer dedicated hosting services integrating BEA WebLogic software and streaming video functions for the Web service.
- Delivery of a Web interface enabling Universal Music Mobile to supervise and update the interactive voice services (updating of both content and the IVS architecture).
- High-availability technical architecture.
"We were looking for a high value-added hosting services provider that could also offer us architecture advice, real integration capabilities, and flawless supervision. We're very satisfied with the flexibility and professionalism of the Atos Origin teams," said Philippe Colas, Internet Program Director at Universal Music Mobile.
Technical Platform and Software
- Hosting in a dedicated environment
- Netra X1 and Netra T1 AC200 http servers
- Security with PIX2 Firewall and dual Nokia IP330 Firewall, both in cluster configuration
- Oracle Database
- Web Logic using BEA WebLogic Express
About Universal Music Mobile
The best of mobile telephony, the best music services available on the market and four new exclusive music services in a single new brand - Universal Music Mobile. The launch of Universal Music Mobile on 14 September 2001 extends and reinforces the partnership created several months ago between SFR and Universal Music France. It combines telecommunications offers and expertise from SFR - voted best mobile network by the ART - together with the extensive portfolio of music content delivered by Universal Music France - number one in the French music industry with more than 35% market share.
For more information, please visit www.universalmobile.fr
Press contact :
Phone : + 33 1 71 07 63 63
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
About Atos Origin
Atos Origin is a leading international business and technology integrator. Its business is turning client visions into results through the application of management consulting, enterprise, e-business and outsourcing solutions. The company has annual revenues of more than EUR 3 billion, operates in more than 30 countries worldwide and has 27,000 employees. Atos Origin's clients include ABN-Amro, Alstom, BNP Paribas, Euronext, Fiat, ICI, Lucent, Philips, Renault, Saudi Aramco, Shell, Unilever and Vivendi Universal.
Atos Origin's Multimedia Division is specialized in design, run and hosting of interactive online services, dedicated to e-Commerce, e-Trading/e-Banking, and e-Publishing : web sites, portals, market places, advanced phone services (IVS …), and mobile phone services (Wap, PDA, SMS, Voice Recognition…).
Anne de Beaumont
Tel: + 33 (0)1 49 00 96 42