“Atos Origin Chosen to Develop and Host BayardWeb.com Family Website and Services Portal for France’s Bayard Presse”
Paris - October 1, 2001
Atos Origin, a leading European online services provider, has been chosen by Bayard Presse subsidiary BayardWeb to manage the technical design and hosting of a family-oriented website and services portal. Following the design and creation of the 01net portal, also hosted by Atos Origin's Multimedia Division, the new agreement reaffirms the Group's commitment to helping leading media companies develop Internet services and solutions.
Atos Origin, a technological partner to BayardWeb
Atos Origin was chosen because of:
- A proven ability to integrate Vignetteâ software, already deployed by the Group on the 01net.com site. The software, which continuously updates site data, already constitutes the backbone of the online content system designed by Atos Origin for BayardWeb's editorial staff.
- Its expertise in integrating and running Internet user and subscriber management platforms, a service it provides for lesechos.fr, the website of France's leading business and financial daily.
- The ability of its R&D Department to extend the client's website to other online channels.
- The resources and responsiveness of its Multimedia project team, which was able to meet BayardWeb's very short lead-time.
Atos Origin's Multimedia Division teams began operating the portal in early 2001. In compliance with BayardWeb's specifications, the site was structured in two parts, a free service accessible via a password and a paying service for subscribers, who can access editorial content and a broad range of services, including:
- An intranet that enables families to create their own intranets or websites.
- Chat groups led by journalists.
- Creation of personal pages that can be accessed via the Internet.
Atos Origin is managing:
- Technical design and development of the site, as well as integration of the above-mentioned Internet services.
- Integration of subscriber and user management platforms.
- Management of workflow processes for an editorial staff of 40.
- Management of archive databases, available online in XML format.
- Hosting of the site in a dedicated environment.
The technical platform and software includes:
- Vignette V/5 E-Business platform for content management and workflow processes.
- Netscape Enterprise Server http front-end.
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise for database management.
- Unix on Sun hardware.
Atos Origin has been a technological partner to Bayard Presse since 1998.
About Atos Origin
Atos Origin is a leading international business and technology integrator. Its business is turning client visions into results through the application of management consulting, enterprise, e-business and outsourcing solutions. The company has annual revenues of more than EUR 3 billion, operates in more than 30 countries worldwide and has 27,000 employees. Atos Origin's clients include ABN-Amro, BNP Paribas, Euronext, Fiat, ICI, Lucent, Philips, Renault, Saudi Aramco, Shell, Telefonica, Unilever and Vivendi Universal.
Through its Multimedia Division, Atos Origin designs, operates and hosts interactive online services dedicated to e-commerce, online securities trading, home banking, electronic publishing and telecommunications. These include websites, portals, virtual marketplaces, interactive voice servers and other advanced telephone technologies, as well as mobile phone services, such as WAP, Palm Pilot, SMS and voice recognition.
+ 33 (1) 49 00 96 33
Anne de Beaumont
Tel: + 33 (0)1 49 00 96 42