“Renault Chooses Atos Origin to Host its New eCommerce Sites”
Paris - May 16, 2001
Renault has stepped up its eCommerce strategy with the launch of a new generation of B2C sites in France (www.renault.fr), Germany (www.renault.de) and the United Kingdom (www.renault.co.uk). The three sites are hosted on Atos Origin's European multimedia platform.
Renault is inaugurating a new generation of dedicated eCommerce websites to provide customers with online access to its entire range of products and services. Launched for France, Germany and the UK, the sites deliver a broad array of services focused on the car-buying process.
Site visitors can:
- Configure in real time any vehicle in the Renault model range.
- Compare two versions.
- Estimate finance costs.
- Reserve a vehicle online with the dealer of their choice.
- Get loans pre-approved in less than 24 hours from the Renault finance company in each country. This is the first service of its kind available on the Internet.
- Save all selected information in a personalized "My Renault" space.
Atos Origin, a technology partner hosting the three Renault sites
Because the Renault sites are hosted by Atos Origin Multimedia, they benefit from an international platform shared by France, the United Kingdom and Germany.
Prior to launch, Atos Origin's upstream services included:
- Advice to prime contractors on architecture systems.
- Architecture specifications.
- Implementation of a secure, redundant technical platform.
- Pilot programs integrating comprehensive benchmarking studies.
One of the architecture's special features is the seamless interaction between Renault's back office IT systems and the front office hosted by Atos Origin. Continuous data interchange between the systems provides visitors with constantly updated news about used vehicles, dealerships, and other information.
Atos Origin's high valued-added hosting services include:
Site management and applications management, led by Atos Origin's in-depth understanding of how all components of the Renault application function.
Critical monitoring and consulting services that enable the applications to be scaled for new functions or new demand, while guaranteeing high quality and performance levels.
Hardware and software
- Application server: BroadVision, the main software component for the Renault sites.
- Configurator: Trilogy, which enables site visitors to personalize their vehicles.
- Locator software: Vicinity's Dealer Locator, which allows visitors to locate dealerships using any search criteria.
- HTTP servers: iPlanet.
- Database server: Oracle.
- Data transfers between Renault IT systems and the Atos Origin host platform: CrossWorld.
The dedicated, highly secure technical platform is built on Sun Microsystems servers.
About Atos Origin
Atos Origin, a leading European e-services provider, enables clients to turn their objectives into value-driven results through effective use of e-business and IT solutions. The company's 27,000 employees deliver innovative solutions and strong industry experience to better manage the entire value network for companies and extended enterprises. Atos Origin currently operates in more than 30 countries worldwide, with sales of EUR 2.8 billion in 1999. Customers include ABN-Amro, Akzo Nobel, BNP Paribas, Cegetel/Vivendi, Crédit Lyonnais, Euronext, FIAT, ICI, Lucent Technologies, Philip Morris, Philips, Shell, Unilever and Wolters Kluwer.
Through its Multimedia Division, Atos Origin designs, develops, integrates and hosts on its technology platform some of Europe's leading online applications, including websites, portals, marketplaces and advanced wireless and telephone services References are available on www.atosorigin.com/fr/multimedia.
+ 33 (1) 49 00 96 33