“Atos and ParisBourse Create Atos Euronext SBF SA, An IT Leader in Serving Stock Markets and Financial Institutions”

Paris, France - January 21, 2000

ParisBourse SBF SA, whose NSC software is the world's most widely used electronic trading system, and Atos, Europe's number one information service provider for the financial services industry, have joined forces to create Atos EuronextSBF, a leading IT solutions provider for stock markets and financial institutions.


The new company, which will be owned 50% by Atos and 50% by ParisBourse SBF, will employ more than 800 people and have annual revenue of 150 million euros (one billion French francs). Positioned in the financial services market, Atos Euronext will be unique, by being able to offer end-to-end solutions, from front to back office and from securities to cash. It will deliver a comprehensive e-business service offering for e-trading, e-banking and e-commerce.


Atos will contribute its Systems Integration Division's French-based financial services activities, which cover the design, building and integration of services for financial institutions. This joint venture will enable it to further broaden its range of services for the financial services industry. "Atos Euronext SBF will be an e-business leader by offering comprehensive electronic access to financial institutions", said Atos Chairman Bernard Bourigeaud.


Euronext SBF will contribute its capabilities in the NSC electronic trading system, which is the most widely used trading system in the world, with an installed base of 18 equity and derivative markets on five continents. "ParisBourse is already the world's leading supplier of stock market systems, and at a time when the European stock market environment is shifting, this unique alliance between a stock exchange and a recognized IT partner of the financial services industry has strengthened our assertive strategy worldwide", noted ParisBourse SBF SA Chairman Jean-François Théodore.


Atos and Euronext have worked together since 1996 as part of Atos Segif, a 51%-owned Atos company. Atos has agreed to acquire the remaining 49% of the venture from ParisBourse and will continue to operate the Paris Bourse's information system under a long-term contract.


Atos Euronext SBF will be governed by a Supervisory Board, chaired by Jean-François Théodore, and an Executive Board composed of Dominique Brutin, Chairman, and Aymeri Boitreaud, Vice-Chairman. It will become an Atos operating division and Dominique Brutin, Acting Managing Director of international information technology for ParisBourse, will be appointed to the Atos Executive Committee. The transaction will involve a share swap following the issue of new Atos shares, with the result that ParisBourse will own 1.5% of Atos and hold two seats on the company's Supervisory Board. Atos Euronext SBF, which will be positioned in growing markets and leverage synergies from the two partners, will focus sharply on growing its business and increasing its revenue stream.


ParisBourse SBF SA

ParisBourse SBF SA is continental Europe's largest stock exchange in terms of capitalization and trading volume. In 1999, it reported a record volume of 58.86 million trades representing 719 billion euros, for 1,144 listed companies with a total market capitalization of 1.5 trillion euros. Its NSC electronic trading system is the most widely used trading system in the world.
ParisBourseSBF SA also manages Europe's second largest derivatives market (MATIF-MONEP) and ClearnetSBF SA, the clearing house for French financial markets. It employs 650 people and reported net income of 620 million French francs on revenue of 1.8 billion francs in 1998. For more information visit the website.



Atos, a leading European information technology services provider, is dedicated to helping companies grow and develop faster through better use of new technologies. In particular, it is strategically focused on providing value-added solutions in electronic commerce, customer relationship management and supply chain management. The Group employs 11,000 people in 11 European countries and reported fiscal 1999 revenue of EUR 1,083 million, 33% of which was derived outside France.



Marie-Tatiana Collombert
Tel: + 33 1 49 00 96 33


Bruno Rossignol - +33 (0) 149 27 11 31