“Financial Times Chooses Atos To Launch FTYourMoney.com”
PARIS, FRANCE - February 16, 2000
Atos, a leading European IT services provider, today announces that it has signed a contract to host and operate the website of FTYourMoney.com, a subsidiary of the Financial Times Group, Britain's leading source of business and financial news.
As part of its strategy of expanding in the global marketplace and developing new online services, the Financial Times has selected Atos for its expertise in operating, developing and hosting high value-added websites.
The partnership will support the Financial Times Group's commitment to opening personal finance websites throughout Europe. The sites are designed to offer user-friendly personal finance solutions suitable for people at a variety of critical lifestyle junctures - such as marriage, the birth of a new child, estate planning and retirement.
www.ftyourmoney.com is aimed at the broad consumer market and was launched in England last December. The site features personal finance, pension and loan calculation engines, a portfolio tool and links to a variety of banks and insurance companies..
In 1996, Atos created and since then has hosted the website for Les Echos, the leading French business and financial newspaper. Les Echos also belongs to the Pearson Group, the Financial Times Group's parent company.
The Financial Times Group
The Financial Times Group is part of Pearson plc, the international media company, which also owns Pearson Education, the world's leading education company; Pearson Television, the world's leading television production company; the Penguin Group, the world's most renowned English-language publisher; and Recoletos, one of Spain's leading media companies.
Atos, a leading European information technology services provider, is dedicated to helping companies grow and develop faster through better use of new technologies. In particular, it is strategically focused on providing value-added solutions in electronic commerce, customer relationship management and supply chain management. The Group employs 11,000 people in 11 European countries and reported fiscal 1999 revenue of EUR 1,083 million, 33% of which was derived outside France.
Through its Multimedia Division, Atos develops, integrates and manages home banking, online securities trading, electronic commerce and news services. Its multimedia server center handles more than 45 million connections a month. For more information, visit the website at www.atos-group.com.
Financial Times : Catherine Edmondson
0171 825 7900
Atos : Marie-Tatiana Collombert
Tel: + 33 1 49 00 96 33
- FTYourMoney.com (http://FTYourMoney.com) is a leading source of independent personal finance information and guidance on the web. FTYourMoney.com focuses on process not product to guide users to better money management. The site is updated throughout the day and includes individually placed guides, unbeatable news and analysis and a range of accessible and easy-to-use services.
- The Financial Times newspaper, the world's leading international business newspaper.
- Financial Times Information/Interactive Data is a leading provider of global securities and related financial data supporting fund pricing, securities operations, research and portfolio management. The business operates as Financial Times Information in Europe and Asia Pacific, and as Interactive Data in North America. The company collects, edits, maintains and delivers pricing, dividend, corporate action and descriptive information on over 3.5 million securities, including hard-to-value unlisted fixed income instruments.
- FT.com (http://FT.com) one of the world's leading international business information websites, provides its corporate audiences, with the very best general news and analysis and specialist company and market information and financial data. FT.com attracts over 1 million unique visitors each month and generates over 20 million monthly page views, making it the most-visited commercial news site in the UK and among the world's most significant sources of business news on the Internet. FT.com additionally has a registered user base numbering 2 million.
- Financial Times Marketwatch, (http://FTMarketWatch.com) scheduled to launch in the second quarter of 2000, delivers real-time European markets and company news to individual investors. Based in London, Paris, Frankfurt and Amsterdam, the online group of Europe's finest financial journalists is a joint venture between the Financial Times and CBS Marketwatch.com.
- The leading business and financial newspapers and websites in France (Les Echos), Spain (Expansion), and Germany (FT Deutschland) in partnership with Gruner+Jahr, one of Germany's leading newspaper and magazine publishers.
- Financial Times Business produces specialist information on particular industries - energy and finance - where the group has a market leading position. It publishes the UK's premier personal finance magazine, Investors Chronicle, and the Banker, Money Management and Financial Adviser for professional advisers. Its energy business operates under the brand E-Source and Research Data International, both based in the USA.
- FTSE International, a joint venture with the London stock exchange, provides the professional investment community with the leading UK indices and, together with the Amsterdam Stock Exchange, publishes the Eurotop family of indices.
- A 50% stake in BDFM, publishers of South Africa's leading financial newspapers and website.
- A 50% stake in The Economist group, which publishes the world's leading weekly business and current affairs journal.