“Atos Partners with Groupe Tests to Create 01net, France’s Largest Dedicated IT Portal”
PARIS, FRANCE - April 21, 2000
The Atos solution integrates Vignette Corp.'s online publication and personalization software
Atos, a leading European online services provider, has been chosen by Groupe Tests to design, create and host 01net, the largest IT portal in France. The agreement reaffirms Atos' ability to integrate innovative solutions on very large-scale websites.
Atos, a technological partner to Groupe Tests since 1995, has once again been selected by the IT media group, this time to design, create and host its www.01net.com portal.
01net specializes in high tech news in French, with a focus on content and services for business and consumer users. It stands out from existing portals by:
- The amount of available information.
- The ability to integrate archives.
- The wealth of data sources offered, which include exclusive content, partnerships and paper magazines.
- A database covering more than 30,000 computers, peripherals and other products, enhanced with comparative tests conducted by the Groupe Tests laboratory.
- Its easy “browsability” and capacity for personalizing relationships with users.
Atos was chosen because it is:
- Capable of carrying out the project in record time, thanks to a dedicated multidisciplinary project team comprising more than 20 people.
- Supported by StoryServer™ software developed by Vignette Corp., a leading US supplier of e-business applications for building websites. The software, which continuously updates site data, is already integrated in Atos' Multimedia platform. Its sophisticated cache system facilitates deployment of a mass-audience site like 01net. StoryServer™ also constitutes the backbone of the editorial system provided to Groupe Tests.
The publication process implemented by Atos for 01net consolidates content obtained from a wide range of sources and federated by a common XML format. These include paper magazine archives, exclusive content and product information.
The editorial system developed for the portal is used by some 40 journalists, who constantly update content.
Other websites created by the Groupe Tests-Atos partnership include:
Atos, a leading European information technology services provider, is strategically focused on providing value-added solutions in electronic commerce, customer relationship management and supply chain management. The Group employs 11,000 people in 11 European countries and reported fiscal 1999 revenue of EUR 1,083 million. Through its Multimedia Division, Atos develops, integrates and manages home banking, online securities trading, electronic commerce and news services. Its multimedia server center handles more than 45 million connections a month.
Tel: + 33 1 49 00 96 33 - Fax : + 33 1 49 00 91 81