What you’ll be doing
As a Business Consultant on our Graduate Programme, you’ll develop and share your experience and expertise with clients to support some of the world’s leading businesses in their digital transformation journeys – providing informed insights to help them anticipate and manage change, and pushing their organisations forward at the ever-increasing pace they need to succeed in today’s rapidly changing world.
You’ll quickly gain the skills to help our clients derive real value through people, process and technology development. This could involve working in a wide range of areas where you’ll:
- Operate in a fast-paced new technology environment on exciting public and private sector projects, where cyber security and complex ERP systems are key components
- Assist our clients in their digital transformation journey, assessing strategies for application redevelopment, retiring or re-factoring
- Have the opportunity to travel around the UK, engaging directly with clients and supporting them to bring innovative ideas to life
Your role will be aligned to one of our Digital Growth Networks, so an interest/aptitude in one of these key areas will be an advantage:
- Automation, Analytics & Artificial Intelligence
- Cyber Security
- Digital Workplace
- Hybrid Cloud Services
Our business consultants are among the best in the world, and we’ll give you all the training, mentoring and support you’ll need to join them. Whether you choose to develop your skills in digital technology consulting or coding, IT strategy or security, or business performance improvement and efficiency, you’ll be at the forefront of the application of technology that’s driving the ever-increasing changes in today’s most successful businesses.
Our diverse portfolio of clients and businesses will allow you to rapidly develop and broaden your skill set to progress your consultancy career, with plenty of scope to contribute fresh ideas and make a measurable difference.
No two days will ever be the same when you pursue your digital journey here. You could find yourself:
- Implementing cloud or enterprise applications from a variety of leading providers
- Addressing complex business and technical challenges to deliver real innovation to our clients
- Providing broad and flexible knowledge of technology and its business applications, backed up by a team of experts in specific technologies
This is an intellectually stimulating opportunity that will help you learn about and apply new technologies in a business context. A degree in Business or a related subject with exposure to technology is useful, but we’ll provide specialist training and support to help you succeed as you develop your transferrable skills.
Regardless of your qualifications, key strengths we are looking for include:
- A flair for presenting technical subjects to general audiences in a clear, easily understood way
- Thrives in a vibrant, busy working environment
- Effective team player with both clients and consultants
- Analytical mind with a thirst for learning, to understand how businesses operate and what drives different business models
- A strong interest in leading best practice in the application of technology in every aspect of business improvement
- An innovative mindset to identify problems and deliver solutions
- Confidence in your ability to apply new technologies in a business context
- Passionate about business technology
“ Consulting presents me with the opportunity to tackle a wide range of business scenarios across a variety of sectors.”
Amrita, University of Nottingham, Business Consulting Graduate