Sorry, this position has been filled.
Graduate Software Engineer – Application and Cloud Development
What you’ll be doing
“Software is eating the world”; digital services delivered through applications are vital to running the country and global businesses. As an Atos graduate software engineer you will be designing, building, testing and supporting modern intuitive applications, using modern engineering techniques; for customers across a variety of sectors.
Looking for a role to put you at the heart of these cutting-edge solutions? Well this will give you the opportunity to gain exposure to the entire lifecycle. You’ll be working on one of our projects in this rapidly changing environment where you can expect to gain valuable experience as you implement these modern software technologies. You’ll help customers to innovate as they take advantage of the digital landscape to deliver business outcomes.
As part of an agile team, you’ll work alongside experienced business consultants and technical and client stakeholders – crafting and maintaining application solutions to satisfy customer requirements; gaining valuable experience to progress to the next level.
This is a great opportunity to gain software engineering. Our 14-week Software Engineering course will build on the foundational skills and experience you already have from your degrees. You will work on meaningful projects, collaborating with talented people to deliver impactful outcomes. Combined with excellent benefits and the opportunities to attain your career ambitions.
What’s on offer?
Our comprehensive training covering Agile, DevOps, Business Analysis, Cloud, Development and Quality Assurance.
Not only will you be gaining industry experience and skills. You will be working in Global organisation that:
- Values and actively encourages diversity.
- Provides a graduate network to support your journey in Atos.
- That is leading in decarbonisation.
- Invests in the future of the UK, its people, skills, communities and the environment.
Atos is a global organisation and a great place to progress, with excellent long-term career potential whatever your ambitions. With many options from technical development to business consulting, sales and project management, you’ll have plenty of scope to be actively involved with high-profile client activities right from the start.
Moving through your training, you will start to specialise, diving deeper into one of the areas: developer, automation tester, DevOps, business analysis, project management. Once you reach assessment stage you will be asked to confirm your preference based on availability.
This is an intellectually stimulating opportunity that will help you learn how cutting-edge technology used in business. A technology degree or science, technology, engineering and maths can be useful, but we’ll provide specialist training and support to help you succeed as you develop your skills.
Regardless of your qualifications, the key strengths we are looking for include:
- Technical aptitude and interest in software engineering
- Inquisitive mindset and a fast learner, motivated to progress
- Out-of-the-box thinking, to solve problems in innovative ways
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – to clearly explain technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Confident presenting to stakeholders at all levels
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to win trust and build relationships
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail