Sorry, this position has been filled.
Technical Test Engineer Intern – 12-month placement
We’re looking for motivated and forward-thinking interns who love working in a fast-paced environment to join our Testing and Digital Assurance team. Internships usually last 12 months, and during this time we’ll provide you with immersive training opportunities and hands-on experience to help you develop into a trusted digital partner for our global customers.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be an integral part of the Software Testing Team, providing support in executing the testing process and lifecycle for our key clients. During your internship you could typically expect to be involved in the following core activities:
- Executing tests, comparing actual results against predicted results, determining if there are any defects in the system under test and raising defect reports to identify them.
- Creating tests, through analysing requirements documents and creating test scenarios, test scripts and test data.
- You will be working as part of a wider test team, focussed on assessing the quality of a specific piece of software, system or user journey and will work with the team to deliver against project timescales.
The role is expected to focus on delivering a key Government client’s solutions. You will be working alongside and learning from experienced senior subject matter experts in Software Development and Testing. This enables opportunities for mentorship and guidance on future career aspirations whilst providing a tangible experience of working for a Global Leader for IT Service Delivery.
You will also:
- Follow digital projects through key lifecycle stages.
- Build experiences through collaborations with various Technical and Business Teams within a Global Business.
- Use industry leading Software Testing Methodologies and Tooling.
- Develop a rich variety of foundational skills and experiences that will set you well on your way to exploring a career within Atos and the Digital Technology Industry and beyond.
This is an intellectually stimulating opportunity that will help you learn how cutting-edge technology is developed for our clients. We want you to share our passion to support delivering technological excellence. An educational background in Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths is desirable but not essential, and we’ll provide the necessary guidance, training, and support for you to be a valued member of the team.
Regardless of your educational background, the other strengths we’re looking for include:
- Interest in technology, its development and delivery as a service
- Inquisitive attitude with an ability to learn quickly
- Organised analytical mindset with a methodical approach to completing tasks
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – to clearly explain technical issues
- Ability to interpret and understand Technical and Business Requirements from formal documentation
- A basic understanding of computer code with the ability to read and follow code structure and flow
- Ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite confidently and effectively
Note: This position requires a BPSS eligibility. To meet that requirement you either must have spent the last 3 years in the UK, without having spent more than 6 consequent months abroad, or hold a British passport.
We’ll provide training and support to help you learn how groundbreaking technology is used in business.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the application process for people with disabilities. Please contact us to request accommodation!
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.