“Through Atos, we will be able to provide our customers with an innovative, flexible, responsive and easy-to-use service, which will clearly differentiate us in the UK marketplace and will help us to increase admissions and win new customers.” Justin Skinner, Head of Marketing, Cineworld Cinemas Ltd.
Cineworld Group was founded in 1995 by the current senior management team and is now one of the leading cinema groups in the UK. The group currently operates 75 sites of which 71 are multiplex sites with five screens or more.
The Cineworld Unlimited Card is the only cinema subscription scheme in the UK. By signing-up for 12 months, cinemagoers can see as many films as they like in a month at any of the group’s cinemas. Subscribers also receive a fortnightly e-newsletter with coming attractions and special offers, and they can purchase an annual card as a gift.
The Unlimited scheme had been running for six years when, in 2006, Cineworld conducted a comprehensive review of the scheme’s suppliers. The purpose of the review was to:
- Ensure the latest technological developments are used to full advantage
- Increase flexibility and responsiveness from suppliers to improve customer service levels for Unlimited subscribers
- Gain better control of the costs associated with fulfilment of the Unlimited offer.
Following the review, a competitive tender was issued and Atos was chosen to manage all the services associated with the Unlimited scheme.
Working together with Cineworld, we identified the opportunities for growing revenue that our solution would deliver:
- Acquiring new customers and creating long-term customer loyalty
- Flexible customer and product management
- Encouraging customers to see a wider range of films for less cost, so reducing the risk of them going to competitor cinemas
- Addressing the seasonality of film going and revenue income
- Launching new products and revenue streams.
We then implemented a total solution tailored to Cineworld’s requirements. From running a seven-days- a-week customer support centre to creating a web portal that enables customers to register and pay their Unlimited subscription online, or a telephone registration process with credit and debit card payments, our combination of front and back-office services deliver an entire affinity card outsourcing facility for Cineworld.
As well as having a tremendously efficient scheme that is attracting thousands of new members each month, Cineworld also has a technology platform that delivers a variety of further benefits:
- Seamlessly efficient management of new and existing customers
- A detailed picture of customer segments and purchasing behaviour
- The ability to track product pilot schemes and then adjust sales and marketing
- Complete legal compliance with data protection and privacy legislation
- Allows Cineworld to concentrate on core cinema business.
All of these benefits are delivered at reduced cost and without the need for Cineworld to invest in new technology now or in the future. And we are working alongside Cineworld to identify, pilot, test and implement new customer products that will help the Unlimited scheme live up to its name.
Download Full Case Study