An Electronic Pharmaceutical File for the French Healthcare System
The pharmaceutical record (DP) came into widespread use in France in 2009 after it was authorized by the French data protection commission (CNIL). The French national pharmacists association (CNOP), was tasked by the French Government project manage the DP and to encourage professionals and the public to use this new tool.
The Pharmaceutical File enables the healthcare system in France to centralize and simplify the delivery of medication and the storing of its data. By April 2010, over 10% of the French population and 20% of elderly people had opened a file. This file will eventually be interfaced with the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) coordinating even greater care for the benefit of patients.
- Active involvement of SANTEOS, an Atos Worldline company
- Advice on delivery during the entire RFI process
- Collaboration with the leading pharmacist software editors
- Optimized economic approach
- Technical choices that guaranteed optimal security
- SANTEOS has been selected for 6 years
- SANTEOS will contribute to the connectivity of 23,000 pharmacist stores
- Almost 9 million files created to date (16,000 pharmacist stores connected)
- By April 2010, over 10% of the French population and 20% of elderly people had opened a file