Atos, an international IT services company, today held its Annual Shareholders’ Meeting chaired by Atos Chairman and CEO, Thierry Breton. |
All resolutions submitted by the Board of Directors have been approved by a large majority. In particular, the shareholders:
At the Board of Directors meeting held after the Annual General Meeting, it was decided to:
- Approved with a majority of 99.70%, the change of status from a SA (French société anonyme) to a SE (Societas Europaea). Following the acquisition of Siemens IT Solutions and Services on July 1, 2011, Atos became a European IT champion. The new Atos has been enriched and strengthened through the addition of people, data centers and offices in Germany, Northern, Eastern and Central Europe. 85% of Atos revenue is now generated within Europe and 75% of employees are based there. Both revenue and employees are equally spread across the key countries for Atos (Germany, France, UK, Netherlands, Spain, Austria, Central Europe and Scandinavia). 85% of clients are either European blue-chip organizations or European Governments. The shareholders therefore approved the change of the Company’s legal status in line with its new European dimension;
- Approved the dividend payment of €0.50 per share and the option for payment of the dividend in either shares or cash. Shareholders may opt 1 for payment in shares between June 6 and June 20, 2012 inclusive by addressing their request to their financial intermediary. The issue price of new shares pursuant to exercise of the option of payment in shares was fixed at €40.17. The share will be paid in cash or shares as from July 2, 2012;
- Approved all term of office renewals and appointment of all directors as proposed.
The voting results of the Annual General Meeting are available on the website: atos.net.
- renew the term for Thierry Breton’s tenure as Chairman and CEO for the duration of his mandate;
- renew the mandate of the Reference Director, Pasquale Pistorio;
- confirm the composition of the Audit Committee and of the Nomination and Remuneration Committee.
Atos is an international information technology services company with annual 2011 revenues of EUR 8.5 billion and 74,000 employees in 48 countries. Serving a global client base, it delivers hi-tech transactional services, consulting and technology services, systems integration and managed services. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, it works with clients across the following market sectors: Manufacturing, Retail, Services; Public, Health & Transport; Financial Services; Telecoms, Media & Technology; Energy & Utilities. Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. It is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic Games and is quoted on the NYSE Euronext Paris. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting and Technology Services, Atos Worldline and Atos Worldgrid.
Tel.: +44 77 33 310 086
Tel.: +33 (0) 1 55 91 28 83
1)The option to receive the dividend payment is not available to shareholders residing in a country where such option would require registration or authorization by local market authorities. Shareholders residing outside France are required to inform themselves of any restrictions which may apply under their local law and comply therewith.