Atos Origin, an international IT services company, will demonstrate at the 2008 Mobile World Congress how telecom operators can win the battle for new revenue streams to gain competitive advantage. As competition in the telecom industry is set to further intensify in 2008, Atos Origin claims that the biggest revenue prizes will come from better using under underexploited assets, such as customer data, network and billing relationships, as well as the adoption of new technologies.
The Atos Origin market approach and strategy is focused on enabling telecom providers to become ‘lean and technology driven’ operators through:
- the optimal use of their current assets, such as customer data, network and billing relationships, which in most cases are underexploited.
- the adoption of new technologies such as IP Multi Media Subsystem (IMS), Next Generation IN solutions, rich media applications, real-time convergent rating plat-forms.
These solutions help customers to transform their business support systems and services platforms to adapt to the ‘Convergent World’ Atos Origin also has extensive experience of delivering BPO and outsourcing programs to the telecom sector that improve operational efficiency and reduce costs.
Innovative solutions that will be demonstrated and presented by our experts at the 2008 Mobile World Congress include:
- New Generation Intelligent Network services – Full suite of IMS based fixed- mobile convergent services for consumers and businesses, developed by Atos Origin on an open platform. Today the solution is being used by several international telecom operators in IMS and pre-IMS environments.
- Go Live! Next generation messaging – Fully convergent e-mail/voice-mail/video-mail services, developed and operated by Atos Wordline, which each year manages over 30 million mailboxes.
- Rich media – Mobile on-device portals for access to multimedia content including TV and VoD, as well as community networks. These provide a compelling user experience, with even more functionality than home broadband triple play services.
- Mobile payment – The m-banxafe technology developed and operated by Atos Worldline in Belgium. It was recently implemented for the new fully secure m-Payment solution Pay2me, which was developed in collaboration with Belgian mobile phone operators BASE, Mobistar and Proximus and major banks.
- Convergent billing – Atos Origin demonstrates its best-in-class integration solutions for fully convergent prepaid and post-paid billing. These are more convenient for the consumer and provide the telecom operator with the means to significantly decrease operating costs, while increasing customer loyalty through the introduction of flexible offerings.
- Mobile Advertising – Through a partnership with Ad-Infuse, Atos Origin will show how to build and operate a mobile campaign management solution that targets specific customer segments using intelligent customer profiling.
Thierry Mileo, Vice President Global Telecom & Media Market at Atos Origin explains: “We are dedicated to helping our clients gain competitive advantage and improve the experience for their customers. We work with leading telecom operators worldwide to accelerate the time-to-market for their new innovative, convergent and high revenue services, while also helping them to reduce the overall costs of IT services and infrastructures, by freeing up resources.”
Atos Origin’s turnover in the telecoms industry is close to €1 billion. It delivers consulting - through its Atos Consulting division - systems integration and outsourcing expertise to 350 customers around the world, including major telecom operators in Europe such as France Telecom, KPN, Telecom Italia and Vodafone. Atos Origin has been active in the telecoms market for more than 20 years.
The 2008 Mobile World Congress is taking place at the Fira de Barcelona from 11th to 14th February 2008.
About Atos Origin
Atos Origin is an international information technology services company. Its business is turning client vision into results through the application of consulting, systems integration and managed operations. The company’s annual revenues are EUR 5.8 billion and it employs 50,000 people in 40 countries. Atos Origin is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic Games and has a client base of international blue-chip companies across all sectors. Atos Origin is quoted on the Paris Eurolist Market and trades as Atos Origin, Atos Worldline and Atos Consulting.
About Atos Wordline, an Atos Origin company
Atos Worldline is a major European player in the processing of high-volume electronic transactions. It specialises in end-to-end payment services including issuing, acquiring and developing payment technology solutions; card processing; CRM and eServices (internet, voice and mobile services). With the focus on technological innovation, Atos Worldline implements its solutions in processing or integration mode.The acquisition and integration of Banksys and Bank Card Company in December 2006 into Atos Worldline has created a European leader in Payment Services, with combined pro forma 2006 revenues of EUR 630 million and 4,000 employees.
For more information: